Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Asbestos bikinis  (Read 1100 times)

McSmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Asbestos bikinis
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:50:45 pm »

I noticed that fire imp bones (well, their skulls at least for sure, don't know what happened to the bones, I think they were turned in to bolts) are magma proof. I've had one sitting in a magma pool for around a decade so far. I'm wondering if you created a set of bone armor out of fire imp bones/skulls, could your dwarves then become fireproof so that they might splash about gleefully in their favorite fluid (next to beer of course), or alternatively they could become your hazmat team in case of magma mistakes.

All of my imps are long gone already so it would be difficult for me to test at this time. [EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS NEEEDED]
Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of elves. The elves are weeping.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Re: Asbestos bikinis
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:03:51 pm »

Your dwarfs would burn up... but the armor will be fine!

Er, I think.

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:07:24 pm »

what happens when goblins with iron armor fall into magma? that's also what happens to dwarfs who jump in with the armor.
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:15:23 pm »

Why I specificly forbid fire imp bones from bolt making in magma/no-chasm maps.   They just don't clean up as well.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:17:38 pm »

Why I specificly forbid fire imp bones from bolt making in magma/no-chasm maps.   They just don't clean up as well.

The day we have exploding fire imp bones, will be the day when dwarven RPGs are created.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »

The day we have exploding fire imp bones, will be the day when dwarven RPGs are created.
RPG?
Screw that.  This is an +<<-antimatter rifle->>+  ... it menaces with spikes of cat bone.