Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying versus wrestling  (Read 354 times)

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flying versus wrestling
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:12:10 am »

16 dead , 7 wounded , 8 healthy. All to flying units over the course of the game - 2 giant cave swallows and a giant bat. The flying units come inside,  I recruit an army of wrestlers, they just tend to mill around dying, rarely wrestling. What's the deal? Will they only wrestle when attacked if they aren't at least novice? The giant bat still lurks in full health.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Flying versus wrestling
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 01:22:33 am »

Dwarves will only attack creatures they can path to, so they'll only attack a flying creature if it's right above them. Makes giant eagles rather dangerous.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:29:28 am »

Well these flying units were on the same level and all. I just lost the game, unless some migrants come.  An ambush came and I've only got 2 miserable (literally) dwarves left.

Edit: well what do you know migrants came as i was typing this. 23 Dwarves.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:01:50 am »

Make sure your dwarves are on 'Squad Harrasses Dangerous Wild animals", rather than "Ignores Wild Animals", otherwise they'll ignore them until they are already on top of your dwarves ripping their heads off.