Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: F UR MP HFS CH S(y) t  (Read 996 times)

Stelknecht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
F UR MP HFS CH S(y) t
« on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:09 pm »

Found a 3x3 site with Flux, underground river, magma pipe, HFS, a chasm (haven't found it yet, but finder says it's there), Yellow sand, and, unfortunately, about 4 trees. Scorching, Haunted (boy, those skeletal mountain goats make my startup hard), access to human, goblin (mmm sieges), dwarven and elves. Loam for growing. Sorry for the title that's my shorthand for sorting embark sites. I really needed a tiny site so my darn computer wouldn't bog down like a short dwarf in a deep swamp. I don't know how to post the generation information if anyone's interested but I have a save prior to embark.

Stel!

Ur.. I don't know how to attach the file. <--- dumbest man alive.
Apparently file posting isn't allowed for me. I'm sorry  :'(
If you can figure out any way for me to get it to you, I'll do it.
Thanks! ah, here's gen data, I think...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 04:45:59 pm by Stelknecht »
Urist McHauler cancels hauling-irradiated by nuke!
UristMcHauler cancels rest-mutating!
UristMcHauler has become a legendary mutant!
Urist McHauler has founded the X-Dwarves!

Marko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Roomies
Re: F UR MP HFS CH S(y) t
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 04:14:15 pm »

oh! oh! upload save!
Hm.
WHERE IS THE SAVE?
AN HOUR LATE?
OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:32:54 pm »

Get the generation information by hitting Escape and exporting at least one image of your fort. Along with the image, a text file will be generated that contains your worldgen parameters and seeds. Post that text, behind a spoiler tag.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 06:06:54 pm »

Got mountains, out of curiosity?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Stelknecht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:06 pm »

If you mean big sheer cliffs, no, not really. Some fairly high areas (5 was the highest I believe, mostly 3-4, 1 corner at 2). Mostly rock tho. At least two hematite veins, some gems. I haven't found any precious metals (although in my games iron is the most precious thing there is, nobles with demands/mandates can be... dealt with). I've been trying all day, and man, I must be bad at this, cause I can't get a good firm start no matter what I do. Either they starve, or the skeletal goats kill my dwarfs one at a time till it's not viable, or they die of thirst, or I get a tantrum spiral... the darn goblins haven't even gotten me yet.
BTW, the layout so far is:

Stel!
Urist McHauler cancels hauling-irradiated by nuke!
UristMcHauler cancels rest-mutating!
UristMcHauler has become a legendary mutant!
Urist McHauler has founded the X-Dwarves!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:06 am »

Here's the embark:

I get sinister instead of haunted, and no report of sand, but I usually get different soil layers. I do have orc mod installed and with it have access to every civ except Kobolds (no loss there). There are 3 dwarf civs to base out of. None are at war with anyone. [After embarking, I do have white sand. The chasm is about 2 layers under the surface. Veins of hematite, cassiterite, silver, exposed.]

There's also a 5x5 with similar features. Adds a pit to the above items, and more trees, but calm/woodland/untamed wilds. Also scorching, and sand looks unlikely [confirmed, no sand, but more critters than the above]:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:26:48 am by Martin »