Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Modding help requested  (Read 799 times)

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New Modding help requested
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:41:46 am »

So, basically, I've been trying to build a agriculture downsize group of crops -- really really fast and easy to grow, but worth nigh to nothing; so that my dwarves can make create the self sustaining agriculture, only requiring a bit of an emphasis on efficient hauling.
What I've put in. . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are basically, these are supposed to be superfast growing plants, to be grown underground, for MASS production of food, thread, booze and dye.
Unfortunately, every time I create a new fort, even in a new gen; I get only the standard plants available for planting. ANYWHERE.
I've dumped my data folder, I've regenned at least seven times with various other slight variations of this, but no dice.

Edit: I realize that I probably have missed something exceedingly simple. . .
Oh, and I'm using d40 -- orcs mod, and ranting rodent's tileset I believe.

Urist mcMinimodder canceled modding: Unable to reach non-economic building material. . .
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:43:57 am by Tael »

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: New Modding help requested
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:22:46 am »

I'm no expert, but try changing

[MATGLOSS_PLANT:Yum-Yuck Moss]
[MATGLOSS_PLANT:IVY-MOSS]

to:

[MATGLOSS_PLANT:Yum_Yuck_Moss]
[MATGLOSS_PLANT:IVY_MOSS]

I've never seen anything but letters and hyphens in entry labels, so that strikes me as the problem.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:34:11 am »

Thanks. . .
I'd be rather annoyed if that is all it is. . . And humiliated. But then again.
Worth it for Dwarfing.
Will post results shortly.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:15:53 am »

remove [GOOD], as it limits the plants to good areas only, and requires [CAN_USE_GOOD_PLANTS] (or whatever it is) in the entity file. On Normal maps it is unlikely any dwarven civs will have acces to it even with that entity tag

Also, [ALL_MAIN] doesn't work like it should. Try [NOT_FREEZING], [TUNDRA] and [GLACIER] together instead if you want them to be farmable on the surface.

Finally, you should have no uncapitalised code outside of text that will actually appear in the game. I can see a lot of uncapitalised code in both plants.

Tael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 04:00:47 am »

First suggestion: No results, despite multiple location testing. Closest thing, I THINK, was "This is a stack of 3 ." Its cookable, not brewable, and has fairly low value. Not able to make it into a thread though.
Second suggestion New gen:: --> Grasslands, no success.
Killing previous Data --> shrublands, no success.
KILLED DATA, REGENNED --> Marsh/swamp, SUCCESS. . .
Awesome, thanks for the help. . . <.<
This should make the mermaid capturing goal MUCH simplier.