Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ending game and Housing  (Read 860 times)

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ending game and Housing
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:48:00 am »

I know its a bit 'lame' to have suggestion as a first post, but... try to bear with me  :) I mean, who wouldn't like to start their adventure in their old outpost, and instead of heading in to kill some pillagers, you'd head outside to adventure and hunt for your own fortress  :)

The second one is more game related, and probably comes along humans  :) But I'm not sure if humans come next, but I'd like to see it along the new version. (With all the looooovely mountains and such  :) Or maybe even build barracks and kennels outside the fortress... or build ballista emplacements along the river, or walls around your roads to keep wildlife out. Possibilities are endless!  :)

Nothing special about building walls, probably same method as with channels, except that you build wall, not dug mout  :)

Ryven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ending game and Housing
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:09:00 am »

Wall building is already in the next version. See the Tragedy Mule video. (To play, put it in DF's data/movies/ folder, then press ; at the main menu.)

As for the other idea, I had the same one a couple days ago when I started a few adventurers. It would be really cool to be an adventurer from the town you just founded.

You might even implement resuming control of such a town, so that you could Play Dwarf Fortress -> Declare Fortress "Established" (or whatever, ending your game)-> Play Adventurer Mode -> Resume Control of Established Fortress.

[ September 02, 2007: Message edited by: Ryven ]

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 05:27:00 am »

Aaah, those videos I didn't watch (lazy me). Gotta take a look later when I get back home, thanks  :)

And good to hear the wall building is coming, it'll be so great  :)

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 07:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Ryven:
<STRONG>
You might even implement resuming control of such a town, so that you could Play Dwarf Fortress -> Declare Fortress "Established" (or whatever, ending your game)-> Play Adventurer Mode -> Resume Control of Established Fortress.
</STRONG>

That would be simply awesome. It just has to go in!

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.