Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The unkillable wolf (Mod legendary lands)  (Read 1488 times)

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
The unkillable wolf (Mod legendary lands)
« on: April 20, 2009, 02:03:46 pm »

I downloaded the legendary lands mod (it's pretty damn good i must say :D) then i got this: A wolf who has lost BOTH sides of his torso. Yeah, i ripped off BOTH. That's right. BOTH sides of his ENTIRE torso, with my teeth. How the hell is he still alive? Broken Neck. NO Lungs, yet, he is "winded". I think that is the least of his problems. Only two legs left, badly bruise skull. Yet the wolf seems to be going strong. Really...I'm amazed i never knew ANY creature that does not have the nobreathe tag could survive with two mangled lungs. Let alone two DESTROYED Lungs. :o
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The unkillable wolf (Mod legendary lands)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:36:58 pm »

I downloaded the legendary lands mod (it's pretty damn good i must say :D) then i got this: A wolf who has lost BOTH sides of his torso. Yeah, i ripped off BOTH. That's right. BOTH sides of his ENTIRE torso, with my teeth. How the hell is he still alive? Broken Neck. NO Lungs, yet, he is "winded". I think that is the least of his problems. Only two legs left, badly bruise skull. Yet the wolf seems to be going strong. Really...I'm amazed i never knew ANY creature that does not have the nobreathe tag could survive with two mangled lungs. Let alone two DESTROYED Lungs. :o

Did you just stop there, or did you let it wander around for a bit? Very tough monsters have been known to survive for surprisingly long times without vital organs. I know I have had an orc that managed to kill two steel-armored elite dwarves with his throat torn out, and I've heard of one that managed to crawl 20 squares or so after the player edited the raws to remove their brains. It may well be that the wolf has enough determination to hang on for a while longer, even without vital organs.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 03:00:41 pm »

My Superdwarvenly tough Swordsdwarf 'Sharpe' didn't last as long as that wolf did ( Though in fairness he got nailed in his left, and right lung. And heart ). Oh and the wolf was Enraged, that is interesting: does enraged increase toughness as well, y'know, the over powering urge for revenge.
Oh, and he did survive for a while. Then i got bored and bashed him to a bloody pulp.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:37:12 pm »

Ah I have noticed that creatures do tend to last longer when enraged, so I guess it does increase toughness, I have mostly noticed this in adventure mode.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:20:25 am »

Have you got the battle log? This sounds like something that shouldn't happen.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:05:15 am »

What makes you say that?   :P
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:31:24 am »

What makes you say that?   :P

It's my mod. :)

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:06:49 am »

oh snap.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 05:33:06 am »

Nay, i kind of...Beat the shiznits out of it. Sorry 'bout that, but trust me it's actually pretty common.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 07:29:44 am »

Nay, i kind of...Beat the shiznits out of it. Sorry 'bout that, but trust me it's actually pretty common.
Gamelog actually appears in a file in DF\

Can't find it there?

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:51:19 am »

You hack at The Wolf in the right torso side with your Iron battle axe!
The right torso side flies off in a bloody arc!
You hack at The Wolf in the left torso side with your Iron battle axe!
The left torso side flies off in a bloody arc!

^
The important bits I
After he lost both lungs I
                                V

You hack at The Wolf in the right front leg with your Iron battle axe!
It is cut!
You hack at The Wolf in the right rear leg with your Iron battle axe!
The right rear leg flies off in a bloody arc!
The Wolf gives in to pain.
You hack at The Wolf in the left rear leg with your Iron battle axe!
The left rear leg flies off in a bloody arc!
The Wolf has bled to death.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 09:33:01 am »

That's really weird, since there's no such body parts as 'torso side'

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:50 am »

I used torso sides in my old mod, I don't remember which. I did it to avoid "both lungs + heart" being pierced with 1 arrow, however it led to some funny results with extremely tough creatures (I had a goblin spearmaster without 2 torso sides (so he had just a central part with a heart in it) who managed to smash my head in my shoulders with his head before he died).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 12:14:53 pm »

That's really weird, since there's no such body parts as 'torso side'
Hmm, i'll check, maybe i crossed two mods over. I'll reply when i figure it out.