Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] - Caravan wagon died?  (Read 429 times)

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] - Caravan wagon died?
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:24:50 am »

What it says on the tin, I think, either way piles of good all on 1 square keep popping up every once in a while next to one of my trade depots *strangely* after a caravan with wagons has been by. My depot access says it should be able to get to all 3 of my depots *irritatingly all traders sometimes appear at once and go for 1 depot, but thats irrelevant*

The only thing i can think of is that im on a desert biome which i observe does slow down the wagons, but also the depot they try reach is on a sharp corner so maybe standard turning or something just creates a hiccup causing it to 'beach' itself and deconstruct or something leaving the goods behind *don't get in trouble for it either also the horses dont die so thats why i think it deconstructs*. I imagine i could resolve this by making the corner more smooth or something, but I thought maybe as this could be exploited i should report it *and in my case i have to otherwise i have a pile of dumped stuff just sitting there making a nuisance of itself by distracting me going, 'whats this and where did it come from?'*

Also applogies if this has been reported already, but i did search the forum for anything like this

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] - Caravan wagon died?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:40:13 am »

Do you have any saguaros popping up in the vicinity?

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:51 am »

it's not intended that you build more than one depot, it often causes problems.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 02:21:34 pm »

There are consequences for it - caravans become unhappy if they leave with less value than they arrived with, no matter what the cause.