Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extremely Stubborn Stone EDIT: My Fault  (Read 400 times)

nirodragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Nirodragon cancels sleep: Interrupted by DF.
    • View Profile
Extremely Stubborn Stone EDIT: My Fault
« on: April 18, 2009, 11:54:42 pm »

I have a single stone sitting in an empty area where I need to put my farm.  I've marked it for dumping, but nobody goes to dump it, even though I have a garbage dump zone placed nearby.

The stone is marked to dump, is NOT forbidden, and is accessible - dwarves have even walked over it to do other things.  All dwarves still have all hauling enabled (I haven't had any immigrants yet), and I have unmarked and remarked the stone multiple times, to no avail.  There is also nothing nearby that is scaring the dwarves away.

I have also tried unmarking it for dumping, making sure it's not forbidden, and placing a stone stockpile under it.  I then had another stone stockpile set to take from this one, but nothing happened.  There is a stone stockpile nearby with empty space, but nobody's taking this stone, marked or not.

Help?

EDIT:  DF version is 40d11, though I think the bug here is in the 40d part, not the 11 part (hauling or some such, not graphical).

FINAL EDIT:  Okay, it wasn't due to a suspended job, but to a job that simply wasn't being done.  This stone was reserved for the construction of a Farmer's Workshop, but my two farmers weren't set to plant processing, so they didn't actually have the ability to build the thing.  Fixed that, it's gone now.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:30:22 am by nirodragon »
Urist McMiner cancels Mine: Taking a dump
Urist McMiner was disgusted by a miasma lately

I can't believe I just went there...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely Stubborn Stone
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:33 pm »

Is it tasked for something?  If you have a suspended construction job somewhere, the stone will remain tied to that job and no dwarf will touch it for any other purpose.

If you're on a reclaimed fortress, there's a bug where tasks from before reclaiming never get cleared.  In this case you'll have to do something like channel beneath the stone.

nirodragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Nirodragon cancels sleep: Interrupted by DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely Stubborn Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 12:06:39 am »

I thought it might have been tasked, but it remained where it was even after every construction and order had been completed.  This is not a reclaimed fortress, that always goes horribly awry for me.
Urist McMiner cancels Mine: Taking a dump
Urist McMiner was disgusted by a miasma lately

I can't believe I just went there...