Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Citadel Megaproject  (Read 734 times)

Fermii

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am The Stig.
    • View Profile
Citadel Megaproject
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:46:00 am »

THE CITADEL PROJECT
1000 DWARVES. ONE FORTRESS.

The King and queen of the mountainhome said that they had planned a new capital for (CIVILIZATION). The name soulsound was soon lost, and everybody informally referred to it as "The citadel". Our scouts have found a nice 7x7 embark.  biome1 in the top right has Clay loam topsoil, basalt below, then granite and then lastly Gabbro, so the king will have gems. biome2 is mountainous and has Basalt, then marble for steel, and at the bottom, diorite. biome3 has tthe same materials as biome2, but is warm instead of temperate. biome4 has Andesire, Obsidian, and then granite at the bottom. in the top right, we have a magma pipe, and there is the graphic of a circle on the zero. I have no idea what that is. but below is a map of the biomes.

111122M

24 felsite:
The magma pipe was not open to the surface, so i orderded the miners to dig where I thought it should be. NOw I'll need to dig a hallway to there so my smith won't have to leave the fort.
Also, early on we dug out a hematite vein.

(I currently have no plans for other leaders, but that could change.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Citadel Megaproject
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:40:32 am »

Great googly moogly.  Can your proccessor support that many Dwarves?  o.o
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

brendanmc6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:45:53 pm »

More importantly, can your economy?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:02:43 pm »

i treid doing this with 500 dwarves...Letsa just say a great year after i hit 500 then it went down.Famine.Massive goblin seiges.Three tuatram spirals. a invasion of hfs.Oh and i accidently tapped into a aquafair...The horror scarred me the fun scarred me.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:07:36 pm »

Okay. Bring a mega-crapton of food.

I'd like to claim a farmer, if at all possible, to lead the guild of growers and supply all the eats for the midgits. Name of Jack.