Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rambo  (Read 1287 times)

Roadkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rambo
« on: October 09, 2006, 01:10:00 am »

Just a small thing..

My marksdwarves have been getting cocky lately. Apparently it's unfair to take a full quiver of bolts to hunt big game so.. they pack a single shot and if it misses...
It's hand to hand with the giant tiger.

Is there some way to consolidate single bolts into a pack so that doesn't happen?

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Rambo
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:13:00 am »

Consolidating single items into larger stacks is on the to-do list for Toady, at the moment.

I dont know when it'll be done, but it HAS to be done before not too long; the game sometimes lags /crashes /crashes terribly if a game of fortress mode has too many items.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 03:47:00 am »

Melt them.
MELT THEM ALL !!! MWAHAHAHAHA !!!

bloodyfool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 05:31:00 am »

I bet Rambo would of wrestled the helicopter into the ground if he missed that shot.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 01:00:00 pm »

at least you get a hammerer out of it

... once a blue moon.

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 08:17:00 pm »

Question: Is there any purpose of having Quivers for your dwarves at the moment? I made my single marksdwarf a quiver, but he would still only stick a single stack of bolts in it, whether it was an individual mule bone bolt or a stack of 80 elephant bone bolts.

Relatedly: Are backpacks currently used for anything? Military dwarves seem to take them, but I would imagine that they would be more useful as a method for allowing haulers to carry back more than one of an item at a time. (I suppose that will require size constraints be implemented first, though; it would be silly for a dwarf to have five beds in their pack.)

Jandrews

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:17:00 pm »

I'm not sure about quivers, but backpacks are (only) used, I believe, for millitary dwarves to haul food in, if you've told their squad to pack rations.

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 12:21:00 am »

In adventurer mode, you put all your extra stuff in the backpack, but in Fortress mode, its just for military dwarves with rations. The waterskin functions the same, if they're set to carry water around. Honestly, I don't think its a good idea to use the waterskin, because it takes an insane amount of time for a soldier to fill a waterskin up at a Well, meaning they'll be even LESS efficient than if they just left to drink when they needed.

Quivers...well, technicaly, they probably wear quivers on their back, but if they don't have one, they'd end up holding the bolts in one of their hands. I don't know if that makes any difference at the stage of development, but...who knows.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 12:53:00 am »

I believe that with quivers they can hold twice as much bolts.