Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Knuckledusters  (Read 731 times)

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Knuckledusters
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:17:37 am »

I am wondering, if I modded in a weapon like a knuckleduster or hand-claw that used wrestling skill, would invading wrestlers be able to use them?

I know that you wouldn't be able to equip them in fortress mode, but I'm trying to make hostile wrestlers more dangerous.

Also, is it possible to make wrestlers wear armor, as they always seem to show up with none.

I know I could increase their unarmed damage, but some kind of hand claw would be quite appropriate for a civ I am working on.

I suppose another solution would be to call the weapon a claw but make it use a skill like whip or pike that can't be used in fortress mode, and not give that race any other whips or pikes. However, that would still mean wrestlers showing up unarmed and unarmored.

Xanares

• Bay Watcher
  • Cut them all down!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: Knuckledusters
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:16:59 am »

I have tried that exactly and the invaders didn't show up with them. Afaik only damage and damblock can help wrestlers. I used the whip skill to add a spiked chain for gore attacks, but as you say wrestlers will still be buck naked. I dont know if there is a way to eliminate wrestlers and simply push soldiers into the whip class for a specific race..?

Adventure mode I know absolutely nothing about though.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:32:38 am »

if a race can only have whips then you will gat more whip users

i think that the wrestling skill is hard coded so not to use and weapon.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 06:38:17 pm »

Just increase their punch/kick/grasp and bite attack strength.

I don't have the code on hand, but I believe default punch/kick/grasp damage is 1:2 for civilization races.  Could bump that up. 

Orc mod has the orc punch/kick/grasp damage higher so they would be more dangerous as wrestlers.  For reference.

Size also improves wrestling damage.  Damned elephants... >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation