Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Designating areas  (Read 1138 times)

Veinless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Designating areas
« on: October 07, 2006, 01:55:00 pm »

When designating areas such as rooms to be mined, trees to be cut, stock piles to be created, in addition to the "SelectStartOfRectangleArea-SelectEndOfRectangleArea" mechanic, I would like to see a "SelectCenterOfRoundArea-SelectRadiusOfRoundArea" type of mechanic.

That is, select a spot to start your area, then select a second spot which will indicate the size of the radius of the area.

Example: I would like to have my wood cutter cut down all trees within a certain radius from my wood stockpile.

This could probably be adapted from the "set size of (bed/dining/etc)room" code.

Thanks!
(Keep up the great work)

[ October 07, 2006: Message edited by: Veinless ]

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
Re: Designating areas
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:42:00 pm »

A point-A-to-point-B style of the type that you can do for squad patrol points would be useful for mining, too.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 02:34:00 am »

While we're at it...

It would be nice if we could designate an area for continuous woodcutting/gathering, so that any new plants that grow there are gathered/cut down, too.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Veinless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 11:51:00 am »

Wow, to both follow-up ideas.  I like these a lot!  :)