Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d]Elf queen?  (Read 993 times)

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d]Elf queen?
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:25:37 pm »

Struck adamantine in my most recent fort and got the message for the queen arriving disguised as a peasant.  Problem is that it's the elf queen.  We are at WAR with the elves, and she shows up as my ruler listed as "friendly".  I cannot see her thoughts or control her in any way, and she just sits there at the side of the map blocking further migrants.  Her migrant status has worn off, but there are additional migrants who can't get in despite about a month passing.  I know this because I got the message for the dungeon master arriving and he has yet to make it in.

I'm thinking of releasing a couple lizardmen near her to wake her out of her stupor... any suggestions?

Edit-  Update:  The migrants arrived eventually without the queen moving.  Still wondering what to do about her though.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:52:46 pm by Topace3k »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d]Elf queen?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:33 pm »

Struck adamantine in my most recent fort and got the message for the queen arriving disguised as a peasant.  Problem is that it's the elf queen.  We are at WAR with the elves, and she shows up as my ruler listed as "friendly".  I cannot see her thoughts or control her in any way, and she just sits there at the side of the map blocking further migrants.  Her migrant status has worn off, but there are additional migrants who can't get in despite about a month passing.  I know this because I got the message for the dungeon master arriving and he has yet to make it in.

I'm thinking of releasing a couple lizardmen near her to wake her out of her stupor... any suggestions?

Edit-  Update:  The migrants arrived eventually without the queen moving.  Still wondering what to do about her though.

she'll probably eventually die of thirst or starvation. this happens any time you have a noble that isn't your own race, which is rare, but it happens.

J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 12:17:26 pm »

What will happen with the elves if the queen dies?

Arvidsem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:17:39 pm »

The Elves shouldn't care. She's the queen of the Dwarfs, who just happens to be a elf.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:07:13 pm »

The Elves shouldn't care. She's the queen of the Dwarfs, who just happens to be a elf.

So a race of short hairy madmen end up with a queen from a race of tall graceful cannibals.
I love this game.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

nifboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 06:55:34 pm »

Just had a similar thing happen to me, except I got made a mountainhome by population and the elf-king showed up on a completely different section of the map from the rest of the migrants.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 07:32:18 pm »

Oh no, they don't move in to the fort normally when they arrive? All this time I've been designing a fort around my elf king! I thought it would be fun!
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar