Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two Dwarves, One Tower  (Read 828 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Two Dwarves, One Tower
« on: April 19, 2009, 04:56:59 am »

I am sooo sorry for the title, but I couldn't help myself.

Anyway, started a new fort tonight, on an evil mountain. Four deaths and two suicides later, the game has turned into a one-dwarf challenge. So I walled the entrance to my fort away, built me a roof (harpies), and tried to keep my remaining dwarf sane.

Then the migrant wave arrived. I was honestly shocked.
So I left the bastards to rot.

When there was only one left, and he was still sane, I let him into the fort. Then they built a tower. I learned all about idiot dwarves building from the wrong side of a designation.

Now I have three waves of immigrants outside my fort, and I'm trying to figure out where to go from here, since it's been two years and they haven't all died yet.

My first problem: I have two male dwarves. In a tower.
Solution: Build them a harem, and stock it with the female migrants.

More to come tomorrow, when my brain isn't fried.  ;D

Loki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Dwarves, One Tower
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:05:39 am »

Welcome to the Urist & Urist PIMPING PALACE
Dwarf Fortress: The only game you can play without even unpausing.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:09:05 am »

Dwarf Fortress: Bringing out the worst in people and making them love the game for it.

seriously, that is so wrong I have to try it myself at one point.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:12:11 am »

Welcome to the Urist & Urist PIMPING PALACE

Im'a slap you so hard for that, NASA 'gonna hire me to slap the space shuttles into orbit so's they can take pictures of your frozen, slapped corpse.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 10:32:49 am »

Okay, now that I'm coherent again (and it's not 5am where I am) it's time for some serious plotting.

I just remembered a particular community story that got ended early. In this story, the starting seven lived in a fortress completely separated from the migrant dwarves, who were forced to live outside this big tower.

Now, in my case, I started this game like I usually do; with seven peasants, seven picks, a crapload of cheap food, two hundred drinks, and the rest of my money in tower caps. Currently, because of how six of the starting seven died, a number of picks are outside.

So here's the plan: One Tower, with harem. Two females from each migrant wave will be allowed into the tower, and put in a special room with lots of cabinets, chests, and beds. Smoothed floors and walls, and engravings. The rest of the migrants will be forced to live in a hole in the ground, and work on the surface in above ground workshops. They'll be the ones defending my tower, trading, and working the above and below ground farms.

Before anyone asks how I'm planning on getting the chicks in, I'll be building an airlock, drafting them, and stationing them in it. Some door finagling later, and I'll have two very happy dwarves.  ;D

Even if it appears that love only blossoms between migrants within their own wave.
Which sucks.  >:(

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 12:04:37 pm »

7 dwarves, living in a tower, with all their needs provided for. They do no work. Below them in the fields work their army of minions who drop food in through a pit designation at the top of the tower, unless you can figure out another way of getting food and supplies in without the peons seeing their overlords.

I'm going to go do this now.
This is to make me recognizable.

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 04:05:23 pm »

Never really tried to muck around in the raws, can you mod the fort so that dwarves can make more than one romantic attachment?
Because it's a fine line between pimpin and polygamy