Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf art (need a bit of help)  (Read 552 times)

cjet79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf art (need a bit of help)
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:08:49 pm »

So I've been having a nice time in my first successful fort.  Its lasted for more then 15 years which is incredibly long for me, usually i succumb to fun within a year.

Anyways I wanted a way to thank all my good little dwarves for working so hard, and I think I found a way.  I wish I could upload a picture to show you but I'm not too good at that type of thing.  Anyways its a giant image of a dwarf using individual floor tiles/walls/construction to create dwarf images.  My first attempt went ok, its a 16x13 image of a mason copying the mason image from the mayday graphics tileset.

I don't think its good enough though and I wanted something twice as large (around 32x32).  But I'm a bad artist so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find 32x32 images of dwarves that only use the colors blue, brown, gold, red, (purple sparingly), black, and shades of gray.

Sorry its a very specific request, but surprisingly enough floor tiles weren't meant to create a wide array of colors for me to make my monuments.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf art (need a bit of help)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:45:38 am »

Did it with Note.

cjet79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf art (need a bit of help)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:50:36 am »

Did it with Note.

Thats awesome!  Thats just the type of thing I've been trying to do, except I'm using mayday graphics set so I'm not sure if all the same materials will work.