Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Nation Game  (Read 7762 times)

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
Re: The Nation Game
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2009, 11:56:00 am »

Another day, another sword-based attempt at gaining more territory. Having conquered the territory of Kyrbistan, the Realm of Swords turns it's attention on peace-loving Negotia to the south, intent on conquering all the territories that surround their homeland.

WAR!

3d6=17

The skilled war-laywers of Negotia turn back the advances of the Realm of Swords army despite a pitched battle. Their knowledge of international law is too strong! Retreat!

The Realm of Swords Army learns martial litigation techniques. next time we will be ready for them. A military squadron of RoS lawyers is formed. Instead of ties, they wear swords.

Next order of business: An alliance is proposed with the Barbarian Empire across the sea. Surely these reasonably violent men and women are kindred spirits. An offering of 1,000 of our best swords is sent to seal the deal.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:55:37 pm by Awayfarer »
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2009, 01:06:20 pm »

snip
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:02:28 pm by Caz »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2009, 01:24:13 pm »

Alright, bypassed my buggy rolls. Now, I'll take the first row everytime, and use 3 "3d6' dices.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2031673/

3d6 = 14

The Soviet Commonwealth looked upward. With the annexation of ninel land, premier Asheron's armies could recruit from a far larger population, and the wealthy snow mines of ninel land offered great wealth to the state people. The peninsula/island state of Doodadia was a weak, capitalist state with no true army. The Soviet navy, small in size, managed to cross the seas several times undetected, and after several days, a large army had readied itself on the shores of Doodadia.

6: Soviet troops easily destroy military bases they encounter. The momentum of the Soviets is unstoppable!

5: Guerrillas quickly spring up and slow down Soviet advancement. Lack of any iniatitive means the capital city of Doodadia, New Doodad, has time to arrange defenses. The battle for New Doodad would be long and hard.

3: Soviet forces are unable to penetrate the defenses of the suburbs of New Doodad, and only through superior numbers and heavy bombardments do the Soviets defeat the Doodadians after three long days.

The new land is called Guevaria, despite protests of the local population. The world famous prop factories of Guevaria will bring much trade possibilities to our people!

3d6 = 8

In other news, the founding member of the Soviet Commonwealth has been given the name of Marxland. It's capital city will be Marxonia. Heavy criticism from both party members and the local population is being taken very seriously... in prison

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2031680/

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:43 pm »

So uh.. am I in or not? And uhm.. in what order do we do things anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]