Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weapon Traps  (Read 6118 times)

Awayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bork!
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Traps
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 06:52:31 am »

I put in 5 to 6 miscellaneous weapons, usually just whatever the gobbos have left lying around. My traps tend to have a lot of daggers and spears/pikes.
--There: Indicates location or state of being.
"The ale barrel is over there. There is a dwarf in it."
--Their: Indicates possession.
"Their beer has a dwarf in it. It must taste terrible.
--They're: A contraction of the words "they are".
"They're going to pull the dwarf out of the barrel."

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 03:58:40 pm »

There's clearly a point where it's overkill on anything but a dragon or colossus, and you're killing gnats with nukes.

I have noticed that the macaqes will happily trip all the cage traps I have up front, but then will put on the brakes in front of my 3-deep row of stone traps.  They did go thru when it was 1-deep early on, which makes me wonder if I staggered them with a gap in between would I kill more by tempting them to tackle "just one row" of stone traps?

Also, I recently traded for a bar of zinc, which is low value but can make brass with copper - 2 bars.  I think there's only 1 use for 2 brass, and every fortress should be able to claim such...

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:19 pm »

I think there's only 1 use for 2 brass, and every fortress should be able to claim such...

I can't find anything in the menus for creating large spheres of metal out of brass, though.
Quote from: Dornbeast
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Pages: 1 2 [3]