Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sabreblade, Fortress of Glass. [community fort.]  (Read 1229 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Sabreblade, Fortress of Glass. [community fort.]
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:16:55 am »

Okay, here we go, with a new community fort.

rules:
  • use as much glass as possible on the surface, green glass mostly.
    No killing of caravans, including elves!
    Profit must be made.
    No killing of nobles.
Maybe more to come.

------------------

1st Granite, 201:

"We strike the earth now! We will have a working set of glass furnaces right away, so that walls can be made quickly... WE have much to do before the first caravan arrives from the Mountainhomes... and we have an enemy in these lands, and more threats... Gnolls, Orcs, Goblins, and kobolds... We have much to worry about... and little time to work! The walls will be made of sturdy glass, to show our great skill, to both friend and foe."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:53:29 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sabreblade, Fortress of Glass. [community fort.]
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:25:36 pm »

i'll take a miner name......... ascubis. :D hopefully its a male....and when he/she is legendary switch to woodcutting till legendary(only when u have enough miners ;)) then wrestler till legendary then axedwarf :D

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:26:55 pm »

alright, going ot have that in the next update.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:48:29 pm »

19th Limestone, 201:

"586... that was the profit Not too bad, for our first trades... but we could have done muich better... if we had more... think i saw my brother on the caravan... but is impossible, Gnolls killed him... they will all pay for that... mark my words.. they will.. As a side note, i think Sigun's Stones have cracked a little, since he now styles himself as 'Ascubis'... ehh... no matter, he's still working strong. He's also inlove with our Animal Trainer, Rigoth, she's not too bad on the eyes."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:03:27 pm »

18th Sandstone, 201:

"Migrants! yes! praise the gods, more hands to do work! time is critical... orcs are sure to be upon us soon."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:14:18 pm »

16th moonstone, 201:

"Ah, just in time, the bridge is up, and the walls are finished, at least the first floor of them...we will just have to wait out the siege, and hope that they have no bows... otherwise, we may have a serious problem, and a great hindrance to productivity... because there are nearby hills... they could shoot from... we only have 16 dwarves, none trained in a weapon. It's going to be a long winter."

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:38:57 pm »

ooo god. orcs...............lets hope the cold kills them off quickly :(

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 09:04:27 pm »

14th Hematite, 202:

"Been some time sinc the last entry... much was done durring the spring, when the orcs left... we got an immigration group, bringing us up to 37... i'm starting to get an office, the barraks is mosty done, the wells are up and running, and the walling is getting there. THe dining room and dtorage is there... and hte orcs are back... in greater number... We have plenty of copper, but nothing else, metal-wise... much glass to be made, but all the farmers are taking up the bags meant for sand for the glass making."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 07:12:18 pm »

19th Sandstone, 202:

"Well, the orcs have left, we've traded with out home, they lost their wagon on the way here... and we now have more dwarves coming, i see them now. I put someone else in charge of the stock-records, so that i have more time to make glass, and trade. Right now, i'm having alot of work done on glass spikes, for the entrance bridge... they will be operated by an underground lever... also a row of weapon traps with a whole lot of copper short swords... minced kobold soup anyone?"

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 02:47:04 pm »

*raises hand* me me i want some :P. i want a swinging spike trap connected by glass chain to the ceiling and pressure plated activation