Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't Replace Slain Expedition Leader and It's Pissing of the Merchants!  (Read 1026 times)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey! I've been lurking your forum for months but this is going to be my first post. I'm on probably my fifth serious fort and my first with the orc mod. It's been tough; over the eight years of the fort over 50 dwarves have died to various causes ranging from magma to ambush to siege and we spent over 3 years under intense siege with only 13 dwarves. Over those years my expedition leader trained and became a champion swordsdwarf. However, during my most recent orc siege, he was shot down by an orc bowman and bleed to death on the field. Well this has been very a bit upsetting (fortunately almost all of his friends had died prior and there was no tantruming), the major issue is that I could not replace him. The diplomat in the fall left angerly. The wiki tells me I cannot replace a living expedition leader, but how do I replace a dead one? I remember the dwarves elect mayors, but I'm not at that stage yet. Is there anything I can do? I really want to order some bauxite from the caravans but I cannot if the diplomat gets angry and leaves every time.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok never mind a few more months have passed and they elected my trader as the new leader. Problem solved.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.