Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d11 modded] Nevermind I'm an idiot. (spoilers within)  (Read 629 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
[40d11 modded] Nevermind I'm an idiot. (spoilers within)
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:23:20 pm »

Fraid this is barely going to be helpful as I do have a mod that may have triggered this behavior but maybe somebody else could see it and know to be careful, or it might be enough to help Toady find some obscure bug or another.

After discovering adamantine none of my guys are able to get the strand extraction job.  It seems to just have failed to appear.  The proper stuff showed up in the crafts shop but not on labor menus.

Adamantine is the only stone with the [DEEP] tag but there are 3 metals that have the [DEEP] tag, primarily to keep them from being easily available.

Taking the deep tag off of the other metals after the discovery appears to have had no effect.  Same with using Dwarf Companion to give somebody the strand extraction skill, no dice.  No utilities were used before discovery(except a 3Dwarf map extraction), and it is likely the other deep metals are what is causing the trouble.

So just a warning folks, modded [DEEP] metals may prevent adamantine processing.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bug reports forum.

EDIT:Nevermind, I'm an idiot.  I forgot to give the custom race the strand extractor job.  I should always check the simple stuff before the complex stuff.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:44:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: [40d11 modded] Nevermind I'm an idiot. (spoilers within)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:38 pm »

also check the matglossmetal sheet and the reaction as i think they also contain the [DEEP] tag.