Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Goldberg machines  (Read 3421 times)

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goldberg machines
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 08:14:52 am »

It looks like a simple nifty setup but hard to say how prone it is to errors.  There are two pressure plates, one for creatures at the bridges and one for water under the pump.  Then there are the bridges, a floodgate, a door and a gear that can all be hooked up to.  Hard to tell what is going on.

I'm thinking the gear doesn't get toggled.  The door may or may not get used.  The pump takes water from the pressure plate square so that should drop it down to level 1 once the pump can pump.

So, it could be the creature plate just opens the floodgate and the bridges.  The water plate is also hooked to the bridges.  Creature plate triggered, the bridges and FG opens.  The pump empties the water plate and triggers an "off" to the bridges.  I think the FG would end up eventually stuck open from multiple creature triggers though.

So, it could be the creature plate is hooked to the door and probably the bridges, water plate to the bridges and FG and door.  Creature plate opens door.  Water to water plate.  FG opens.  Pump drains the water plate square and an "off" is given to the door, FG and bridge.  From what I understan, doors don't have a delay, so the door should close first which is nice because it would drain those back squares dry.  Then the FG and bridge close.  This seems the most likely setup and is a nice use of the door being faster than a FG, assuming that is true.  Water plate is probably set to 3-7.
Pages: 1 2 [3]