Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does anyone have a FilePlanet account that can download this for me?  (Read 1647 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

Erm....
Well...

Here's the story:

Recently, I bought a super-cool game called Men Of War, or MOW for short. It is a RTS staged in World War II, and you can play part of the Russians, Germans, or Allied Forces in a epic 28 level campaign.

But lets get to the point.

1C, in association with Aspyr Games has release a beta patch for the game, but only in Russian, that 99% of people have downloaded, because 99% of the people are Russian who play this game. (That or Polish.) So, I can't play on 99% of the servers now.

Luckily for us American dogs, FilePlanet has a english version of the patch. Unluckily on my part, I do not subscribe to that site.

If you are wondering, the version of the patch I am downloading is v1.11.3.

So, will anyone help me in this debut? Is it illeagal to host this sort of thing on a free site such as Fileplanet temporarily?

The full patch won't come out until another month, and i'm dying here. Unless of course, someone knows where else I cn find this patch?

Heres the link:
http://www.fileplanet.com/197638/190000/fileinfo/Men-of-War-Unofficial-Patch-v1.113

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have a FilePlanet account that can download this for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 05:57:09 pm »

Why can't you just get an account?  You don't have to be a subscriber, and it only takes like two seconds to sign up.
Shoes...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:00:04 pm »

Try to download using a free public server. You can't.

On another note: I may or may not have found a russian site with a download link to the patch. Anyone speak russian?  :(
http://www.ag.ru/files/patches/men_of_war

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 06:02:17 pm »

I'd have to vouch for signing up as well.   They're dicks about trying to get you to subscribe, but the free account still gets you access to all the standard files. 

And, as far as I know, you don't even need to use a valid email address.  At least, I can't remember ever checking the address I used to sign up...  Or even validating that it existed...  But then again, they may have changed that.  I signed up years ago.

Also, I think you meant Filefront for that last mention there...  And yes, technically it is illegal (at least, for a good portion of the stuff).

EDIT:  "Free public server" means "Free server for non-subscription accounts".  You still need to sign up, you just don't have to subscribe.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:03:45 pm »

O-kay, let me see then... (I believe in your word, Kagus)

EDIT: http://www.fileplanet.com/197638/download/Men-of-War-Unofficial-Patch-v1.113

I continue to come to this page, even after signing in on my D2D account (Which is nicely linked to this site) and signing in on my just-made account, and declining the subscription offers, and clicking on that godawfull "Free Public Servers" button a million-fucking times, and it still won't LET ME DOWNLOAD THE FUCKING THINGG!!!!!!

RAAAAEGGG!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:07:11 pm by woose1 »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 06:41:27 pm »

That's because, apparently, they don't actually have any servers with this thing on it.  That "Join Fileplanet now!" thing is placed at the bottom of the server list, even if you do have an account.

I just checked this by going to a different file, finding a list of servers, re-opening the patch page, looking for servers, and having the list give me the finger.

Looks like you're effed until they decide to actually put the file up for download.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:44:46 pm »

In the meantime, anyone know russian?
Or know an alternitive way of getting this file? (Looking at you, Torak)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »

Wait, whaaaaat?

So this is what has been screwing up my search results.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/manofwar/index.html

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 07:02:38 pm »

Just download the Russian patch and install the English patch over it when they release the full patch to the public in multi language form.

The game isn't very language-heavy so you really shouldn't have an issue, especially if you know where/what the buttons are on the menu.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 07:06:40 pm »

.--------.
   ..           ..
   .. O     O ..
    .   ___   .
     --------

*Sigh*

I'll wait for the patch to come out, then. Thanks for the help.

FoboslC

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 10:28:29 am »

I know russian. What is your problem, exactly? O_O
http://public.ag.ru/vd/632a77f617136d6d17de5ebf3b877a2f/patches/16709/lis_update_setup1.11.3.0.exe
^ link to direct download. HOpefully it will work.