Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf won't put down "named" Weapon  (Read 1883 times)

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't put down "named" Weapon
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 10:01:53 am »

Is the bonus enough to overcome the original quality of the material though?

Yes, materiel bonuses to damage/armor are between 50% (for non-metal, non-intended materiels like wood), to 133% for steel (500% for adamantine). Quality bonuses are between 1x and 2x for normal to masterwork items. With artifact being a higher number, that nobody has been able to figure out.

It has been tested, and a steel artifact item is "not" as good as a basic admantine item, but artifact quality "anything" is going to be roughly the same or better than a masterwork steel item of the same type.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

It has been tested, and a steel artifact item is "not" as good as a basic admantine item,

Was there a thread where this was tested?

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 09:08:54 pm »

Remove graspers from your dwarves. Can't carry owned socks and artifacts with no hands

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 10:05:39 pm »

Specifically, no fingers.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Lesconrads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 05:02:57 am »

Thanks for all the input and new facts  ;D
I wish i had some nice artifacts now... not only some great bucket or the like .
Epic steel-plate *drool*

After all, it seems as if i had a misconception of how attributes were increased. it's cumulated xp in any jobs, if i read it right. So training them in every weapon doesn't make them better but worse, as they could train their swordskill to infinity instead.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:13 am »

Thanks for all the input and new facts  ;D
I wish i had some nice artifacts now... not only some great bucket or the like .
Epic steel-plate *drool*

After all, it seems as if i had a misconception of how attributes were increased. it's cumulated xp in any jobs, if i read it right. So training them in every weapon doesn't make them better but worse, as they could train their swordskill to infinity instead.

No, just Legendary+5.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 04:36:23 am »

to stack the odds in favor of weapon or armor artifacts many people will give all their brown dwarves, that is all the dwarves with farming type jobs, dabbling in weapon or armorsmithing. as dwarves will favour their highest mood aplicable skill they will go create a weapon or peice of armor.

this does not allways pan out though. something like over half the adult dwarves in my fort are farmers or haulers who have weaponsmithing, armorsmithing or crossbow making as their highest moodable skills, yet so far all my moods come from the millions of children i have running around. this means i just get really random items from the crafts workshops like turtle shell chains and pig tail earings.

if you dont value your dwarves that much you can kill the moody dwarf before the complete their artifact, some players do this and aparently it means you will get another mood much sooner then otherwise, hopefully an artifact that you will want.
Pages: 1 [2]