Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sacrificial altar - A paste of rock dust and goblin for the blood god!  (Read 557 times)

AlsoD

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Would just like to show off my current method of pleasing Armok, a giant block dropped down a shaft onto an altar. The block, the sacrifices and their equipment all vanish so rinse and repeat!

You'd build a temporary floor next to your lever so the section of wall to be dropped and then get rid of it later. Attach a level to the support via said floor, designate a pit and volia!

I've got it working in my current fortress, but have no idea how to host/upload/imbed images. All I need now is a seige and a hundred cage traps but in my trial runs, once the dust clears, there is nothing left bit 'A smear of blood'  ;D. However, the first version I tried was in a huge caven, with plenty of tables, chairs and statues around to entice the dwarves near. The lever was on a spar of rock overlooking the whole thing and it was awesome! It worked fine the first time (read: about 6 dwarves knocked unconscious, one killed and one with all his arms and legs broken), but then I had to reset it.This lead to the goblins milling around on the altar scaring everybody, got an awful lot of "X cancels build wall: Interrupted by Goblin wrestler" and then some off duty marksdwarves started shooting them. Anyway, it turns out that Armok dislikes his offerings to be a spectacle to watch whilst having your lunch so it had to be movout of my amphitheatre and into a secret carved shaft dedicated to Him.

Code: [Select]
(Top Z level)
WWWWWWWW
W      W
W      W
W I    W
W      W
WWWXWWWW

(Z -1)
WWWWWWWW
WGGGGGGW
WGWWWWGW
WGWWWWGW
WGGGGGGW
WWWXWWWW

(shaft)
WWWWWW
W    W
W    W
WW.WWW
WWXWWW

(Bottom)
WWWWWWWW
W......W
W.WWWW.W
W.WWWW.W
W......W
WWWWWWWW

Key:
W = wall
. = floor
G = grate (as a means of access to the Golden Block of Righteousness (aka the 4x2 block of walls)
I = support (linked to the ceiling and the block)
X = up/down stairs

Any suggestions on improvments? It's my first post and within a month of starting DF so don't be too harsh  ;)
Btw, how do I add multiple code boxes? Didn't seem to want to do more than one at any one time  ???

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Type it out a second time?
Works fine for me.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.