Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf in Cage! He's Innocent!  (Read 642 times)

SinisterFellow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarf in Cage! He's Innocent!
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:05 pm »

I've perused some other "wtf cages!" threads, and haven't found a solution to my problem. I accidentally caused a cave-in at my entrance recently and a loyal worker of mine fell into a cage, which promptly dropped about 5 stories down in my fortress! I found out how to move him to an animal stockpile, but now that he's there, I can't get him out. He's starving and dehydrated and depressed, and I feel awful. Does anyone know how I can get him out of his cage and back to work?

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf in Cage! He's Innocent!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:28 pm »

Did you place (build) the cage? IIRC there're an option to see which cage have what while building the cage. That should take care of it, I would think.

SinisterFellow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:49:28 pm »

Aha! I don't know why, but the first few times I tried to build his cage, he wasn't listed. Now he is. Thanks!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:02:02 pm »

You can hook up the cage to a lever and release him that way. I don't think there is any other obvious method of releasing caged friendlies.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 01:16:15 am »

I had a caged mechanic (shot in the arm, fell into a cage trap. saved his life) and I got him out without a lever. I think you can just release him like any other animal once you build the cage.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:19:43 am by kinseti »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 03:31:15 am »

Aha! I don't know why, but the first few times I tried to build his cage, he wasn't listed. Now he is. Thanks!

Chances are, the cage was tasked by the dwarf that was hauling it to the stockpile - once it was put in the stockpile, it became available for you to use.