Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zuntirsakzul ... personal diary story....  (Read 1026 times)

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zuntirsakzul ... personal diary story....
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:53:01 pm »

This is a modded game, with the same mods and worldgen profile that is getting used in the Wildsack succession game.   This diary, however, is all my play and in a different worldseed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Journal of 'Monkey' Mothmirrored
Expedition Leader of The Foggy Torches

I've started this diary upon assignment to a new settlement party by the King.  The place is named "Zuntirsazkul" or something like that.  I'll have to look what that means in Old Dwarven. 

I've dubbed our group "The Foggy Torches" and I think that, with our mix of skills, we've got a good chance at making a fortress to be proud of here.

Entry 1 -- We've finally completed preparations!  Enough food has been barrelled-up and the wagons bought and paid for.  We've got a lead on a site that might contain fabled riches....

I've double checked the loadout with our expedition recordskeeper, a certain lady dwarf from the clan of Umbralmachines (Mosa?  something like that).

Hope we don't run into bandits like my Uncle Bjorn did.  He still can't move his right arm so well.

---

edited for better images, clarity.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:55:59 pm by Monkeyvich »

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zuntirsakzul ... personal diary story....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:08:42 pm »

Entry 2.

Well, we finally got here.  Apparently this place is called "Anviltrumpets" on the old maps, and nobody here can think of a better name, so ... Zuntirsakzul, "Anviltrumpets," it is.   We all have a drink and gather around for the groundbreaking.

Lucky for us, our animal trainer, an axe-toting dwarf lady by the name of Dastot (didn't catch her clan) managed to rope us a couple of friendly stray animals on the way in addition to the cow and bull we brought along.  A horse and a donkey!  Both male.  Ah well, not sure if they have to be forced to make mules anyhow.

Tomorrow we'll get started on all the stuff we learned at the Academy!   I'm not sure if I am excited about this or dreading it.  Either way, here's hoping I can sleep....

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:20:28 pm »

Entry 3.

Today I looked over the area for a while.  There is black sand in abundance here, as we predicted.  However, the cliffs are not quite as large as we'd hoped, and mostly composed of flint.  On the surface.  I have spotted some kaolinite veining in the rock near our wagon.

I suggest for speed's sake, we start digging down right away, straight down at first....

... and just dig down ten or fifteen stories or so.  Nobody disagreed, so as soon as we see what kinds of rock we're dealing with, we can plan out initial food stores....  barrels of raw mystery-animal meat are only tasty for so long....   and I'm ALREADY hearing some talk about stills.

For crying out loud, let me get the garden set up.  :P

Time to do more digging and less journaling... 

Monkeyvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:05:42 pm »

(OOC:  Anyone wanting to see more of this?  I'd like to reserve my flickr-loading gumption pool for the actual Wildsacks game but I am a deeply deeply bored monkey.)