Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New types of artifacts  (Read 1059 times)

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New types of artifacts
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 09:52:17 pm »

Another solution is have the miner dwarf go moody until you designate a space to be mined out and then he digs it out himself. Might have to tell you how many tiles he will dig out and everything he digs out is smoothed.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:09:34 pm »

I'm kind of iffy on this. Any of the suggestions are taking control away from the player. Miners demanding a designation? What if players don't want to mine anymore?

I'm all for this idea, as long as it's completely emergent. If a miner happens to go into a trance and starts mining out an artifact path within a designation I've already placed, then I'd be perfectly fine with it. The same can be applied to buildings. Artifacts are cool, but I don't want to have to designate a new building or a new shaft just to keep my dwarves from going berserk.

bunsoth datannil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 05:14:24 am »

with my idea, you don't need to designate anything.  if you happen to have a room handy with certain items you can place another piece of furniture to make it an artifact room.

artifact furniture makes artifact rooms
Bunsoth Datannil "The Godforsaken Iron Hammer"
"no one likes a flaming dwarf"
At points like this, I say listen to our dwarven forefathers and say "fuck the world, pull the lever".

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:56:35 am »

Hows this.

They make an item called "Artifact Blueprints"

Then, you place it somewhere like a bed, set the size, and then the person makes the required furniture.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.
Pages: 1 [2]