Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh Boy!  (Read 1544 times)

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boy!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 01:23:44 am »

Step 1: Build platform over magma pipe or chasm.
Step 2: lure Elf traders Nobles Hammerer Goblins Urist McMilker HFS onto platform.
Step 3: Collapse platform.
Step 4:  ???
Step 5: Eat some tasty Plump helmet cake!
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boy!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 02:04:10 am »

i remember seeing a movie where somebody trapped multiple tentacle demons in wooden cage traps by lining the whole room with cage traps then rigging part of the cavern to collapse. when the cavern collapsed the dust knocked all the demons onto the traps. i'm not sure if it will work with sof's but its worth a try.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-927-trappingsofattemptfailure
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-937-trappingsofwithadamantiumattempt

It won't work on Spirits of Fire because they have [NOSTUN] and thus cannot be knocked out by cave-in dust.

Your best bet is to crush the entire chamber using cave-ins, or put a few dozen marksmen behind some fortifications at the mouth of the tunnel leading to the chamber, with a few unlucky recruits and war dogs venturing in to detect the demons.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.
Pages: 1 [2]