Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblins stopped attacking?  (Read 1441 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins stopped attacking?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 01:06:39 pm »

I got ambushed again, by about 4 goblins.  Still no siege.  Very boring.

Is your population over 80?  You won't get sieges if not.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 10:48:35 pm »

So do you know any reason their morale should bottom out from the infinite circle trap I mentioned?
I am under the impression that a siege will go away of it's own accord after enough time passes, a goblin in flight is presumably immune to all such changes in state...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 04:58:55 pm »

So does removing the bridge under their feet but just dropping them a single level give the squad a reason to flee?
If not then is deciding that the seige has sat around too long and that they want to leave count as fleeing or could they try to leave forever but still occupy that spot keeping other goblins from showing up?
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »

If you cage trap them, the seige goes away. So no.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 03:57:41 pm »

I'm not talking about putting them in a cage or even just putting them in a pit- I'm talking about a setup that would always give them an exit to run to but never actually let them get to it.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Thassa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 05:24:41 pm »

So do you know any reason their morale should bottom out from the infinite circle trap I mentioned?

Once a squad starts fleeing, they keep fleeing even if another squad starts turning the tide or whatever.  They seem to get stuck that way.

That's actually pretty realistic to some extant.  Historically when a group of troops have been routed, they usually ran till they couldn't run any more.  It took an extraordinary leader to get them to stop running, and at times they would even run through other groups of troops on the same side, sometimes resulting in those troops being routed too.  Blind panic can be contagious.
Dwarf Fortress players: Coming up with solutions for problems that haven't been implemented yet. 
Pages: 1 [2]