Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fine Control over Job Allocation to Shops  (Read 445 times)

Jumpp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fine Control over Job Allocation to Shops
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:47:49 pm »

I've got a mason workshop near a tremendous amount of gabbro that I'm turning into blocks for use elsewhere.

And I've got another one next to a stockpile of more valuable stone, and I use this one to make furniture.

If I use the Work Orders system (u->m->q) to order more furniture, the jobs get distributed to all my mason workshops.  Is there any way to set a workshop such that it won't receive tasks from the job manager?

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Fine Control over Job Allocation to Shops
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:55:09 pm »

I don't know if this will work, but you could try giving the gabbro workshop ten repeating "make blocks" jobs so that there's no room for new ones from the manager.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Fine Control over Job Allocation to Shops
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:01:18 pm »

Nope, sorry. Jobs are evenly distributed and queued to each mason shop regardless of workshop profile or anything else. If you want specific jobs done, you'll just have to select them by individual mason shop.

This probably wouldn't come up if the workshop queue was bigger than ten work orders, which seems like a better solution.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.