Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Liason and Population Cap  (Read 441 times)

Xexyz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dead Liason and Population Cap
« on: March 29, 2009, 08:24:20 pm »

So, I've been reading around and it seems like a population cap works something like this:  The liason has to see that your population is over cap and then report back to headquarters before you'll stop getting immigrants. 
So I wanted a population of about 40ish because that's all my computer can handle at full speed.  Unfortunately, my first liason had the go crazy and kill himself bug. 
Does this mean that I have to wait several years for a new liason to come and go before my cap starts to work?  I'm already over and getting dangerously close to the game not being fun due to lag, but I don't really want to start over.  Please give any useful advice. 

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Dead Liason and Population Cap
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:02:11 pm »

They'll never send another liason, sadly.

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:35:58 pm »

I actually learned that my CPU's fan needs replacing thanks to DF and only about 100 dwarves. (Left the game going for like 10 hours...but still, it's ASCII!!)...so now I'm playing with my voltage turned down while I wait a new fan/cooling system. 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:06:02 pm »

The caravan does the reporting, not the liaison.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.