Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifacts and how to Find 'em.  (Read 602 times)

D-Day

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Artifacts and how to Find 'em.
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:17:44 pm »

Alright, this should be a quick question. How do you find a list of all the artifacts you have created? I looked under stocks and found nothing. My dwarfs have created quiet a few but the only ones I know where they are is a Throne and a barrel >_>.  So is there anyway to have the game show a list of the artifacts that you created and where the hell they are?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts and how to Find 'em.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:18:32 pm »

press L, lowercased
Dont know about the part of where they are

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 02:30:52 pm »

Once you know what artifacts you have you can find them useing the stocks screen (z). Lets say you have a artifact silk sock. Press z and go to the stocks menu. Go down to footwear , arrow over and find silk socks. Then press tab and look for the artifacts name. Then pressing z will zoom you to it.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 02:35:25 pm »

Alternatively, you could also make a stockpile tile of the appropriate type, and set the minimum quality to artifact, if you want to make an artifact storage.
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

"The problem of Elven children is best solved with strangulation."
-Kogsak Maggotkiller, adventurer.

Stray Elvis (Tame)

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:15:08 pm »

Is that the only way to make artifact displays?

D-Day

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:06 pm »

Alright thanks. That helped more than you would know. I seem to have more artifacts than I thought...