Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lazy Dwarves?  (Read 969 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 02:02:45 pm »

Usefullness would be one floor travel & architect design.
Simply different uses between the two.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 10:46:26 am »

If you're using seperate up and down stair cases, ramps would be faster to build\carve.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 07:21:27 pm »

alright new question:

My planters have stopped planting Plump Helmets. they've turned red in the farm plot menu. What does this mean? I've hit the seed cap but the wiki says

If your fortress has 200 seeds of a given type, no more seeds of that type will be produced until the seeds are consumed (either through planting or cooking) or otherwise destroyed.

so that doesn't seem like it'd be it... I have 238 plump helmets (the plant), but that doesn't seem like it'd be the cap. what's going on here?

also, can roasts be stored in containers (if so how)? i've had my cook pumping out lavish meals for ages but they're all on the floor of my stockpile

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 07:25:58 pm »

annnd

Muskoxen are available as domestic haulers and may accompany your dwarves to your fortress.

so.. can I do anything with a muskox, or should I just slaughter it (I've got all kinds of stray animals (thankfully just my single cat still) and im trying cut down on clutter)

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 01:05:18 pm »

Red names mean that you don't have time to grow that plant in what remains of the season. Just wait for the next season to roll around.
Muskoxen can be pets, but currently they can't haul no. I advise butchering it for +Muskoxen Roast+'s
Pages: 1 [2]