Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone for Building is all 0/#  (Read 437 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Stone for Building is all 0/#
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:09:59 am »

Dunno what I did, but altho' I have ~tons~ of stone lying around, but suddenly Building projects won't recognize any of it.  When I go to Build something, it lists all those stones, but shows "0" as available out of the total.  They're not individually Forbidden, and my various stone workshops are finding it just fine for their projects.

I probably bumped the wrong key in the wrong screen at the wrong time without realizing it - but which and where is beyond me.  Any help?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Stone for Building is all 0/#
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:27:09 am »

The zero refers to the amount of stone currently assigned to the building, and the number after the slash refers to the amount of stone currently available. There is nothing wrong with your game. You did not press a hotkey.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:40:41 am »

? - if you say so.  But I coulda sworn I saw "numbers available" before the slash earlier - tho' that might have been another screen? (Or another past life? Who knows...)

Meanwhile, projects keep canceling themselves due to "item lost".  Not all but a LOT lately - thanks, we'll see, I'll post again either way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 03:50:43 am »

I think I may have misinterpreted your question. I apologize.

So none of the stone is forbidden on the stock screen, eh? Check the orders menu. Mayhaps you have 'Dwarves ignore stone' as an order, which might be screwing with the availability for constructions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:57:41 am »

It seems to be working - I think I had some occasional stones on the building site that *were* forbidden, and they could not be move, and so the cancellations.

But I still thought... meh, whatever.  So long as it works now. Thanks!