Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Most evil/horrific thing that's been done to you  (Read 6916 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Most evil/horrific thing that's been done to you
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 05:58:17 am »

I married.
Oh cool. Adventurer's actually do stuff when your not playing.

I should make a world of adventurers, leave a self-sustaining fortress going over a few days and see how the world changed.

Actually I was just screwing around. I don't think history continues on its own as it is now. Adventurers who are still alive don't even appear in legends for me.

Really? Thats weird, people I retire appear fine in legends... What do you look under, and how do you search?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 10:09:50 pm »

I married.
Oh cool. Adventurer's actually do stuff when your not playing.

I should make a world of adventurers, leave a self-sustaining fortress going over a few days and see how the world changed.

Actually I was just screwing around. I don't think history continues on its own as it is now. Adventurers who are still alive don't even appear in legends for me.

Really? Thats weird, people I retire appear fine in legends... What do you look under, and how do you search?

To test it I started an elf. I ran to another town with her and retired her, she didn't fight nor kill anything. Went into legends and searched on her english name.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 05:59:18 am »

I think the name appears in its dwarven or elvish or whatever couterpart. Try that.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Orange Drink

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 06:13:10 am »

Something happened to me a few versions back:

I was sneaking around a goblin tower, looking for the demon. I decided to try to hack up some of the sleeping guards lying on the ground.

In this version, sleeping people weren't counted as being unconscious, so they could shield off attacks and even counterstrike.

I tried to attack the guard. My sword glances off his shield. He counterstrikes, and whacks me real hard in the lower body with his mace WHILST ASLEEP. I fly some 15 tiles back, but somehow still alive, despite having red wounds to every organ in my body.

However, this knock back blew my cover. I landed some 8 tiles away from the goblin axelord. He hacked off every single lower arm and leg, then every single upper arm and leg. he hits me in the face, sending me into a wall, blowing my head off.

Arturion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 04:34:08 am »

One of my recent Axedwarves was assaulting an elven forest retreat, and had taken down all the inhabitants except one elven swordsman and his wife.

He approached them, and the swordsman swung at him, lodging the sword in his upper arm. He twisted the weapon in the wound, and the dwarf gave in to the pain and fell unconscious.

His wife then wielded her left sock and proceeded to smack my unconscious dwarf with it as her husband continued to twist his sword in the dwarf's arm.

My axedwarf slowly bled to death. :(

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 08:20:10 am »

I think the name appears in its dwarven or elvish or whatever couterpart. Try that.

Nope. Nothing. Seems he wasn't interesting enough, so I murdered a human and tried again. Yep. Now he appears in legends, even when I search in english.

I guess there's nothing to do but start a fortress and see if something happens to him... maybe I can start the fortress inside his elven retreat and who knows what'll happen!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]