Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A modder's request.  (Read 547 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
A modder's request.
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:34:17 pm »

Hey, do you know that super cool tileset Smooth Walls?
Of course you do.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to make it bigger, like in 16x16 font, because that shit is small.

I was also wondering if anyone else has the problem of viewing DF in teeny-tiny sey-strain-o-vision.
Thanks in advance.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: A modder's request.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:53:47 pm »

Look for PTTGV5 under General discussion of the DF forums.  It's the only 16x16 with smooth walls I know off-hand.  It's got a nice font and takes advantage of 40dx's transparent tileset capabilities.

Although, if it is that specific tileset you mentioned that you want, just bigger, then I'm afraid I can't help you.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:50 pm »

Oh well, here goes. I remember asking in the DF complete thread, but here is more suitable.

Basically I love the tileset to pieces, but I have modded this to play as the norse, and fight against all the other human races along-side the dwarves. The tileset is gorgeous for the most part but.. The walls are a bit.. Square.

If you'd like you can go ahead and look at healedabbey. Go ahead, look. It won't kill you.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-4942-healedabbey
Ok? Ok.
Now, that tileset has one redeeming feature: The walls.

TL;DR: All I ask is you mod in
's walls into the existing tileset.

I'm sorry for copy+pasta.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:45:34 pm »

Yes, but I want it bigger.
BIGGER

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 07:47:38 pm »

Posting this link 'cause I think it might be what the OP wants, and someone else said they just wanted smooth walls.

PTTGV5
There's one, Im_Sparks.  Smooth walls.  Needs 40dx though, not simply 40d.  40dx has significant FPS improvements, though, particularly during searches and world gen.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:03:43 pm »

>.>
Already posted, but since no-body seems to be willing to make Smooth Walls bigger for me, I'l take this. It doesn't look too different, anyhow.