Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colossus Corpses  (Read 1672 times)

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colossus Corpses
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

The reason I suggested making them automatically artefact level was in order to make them unique. This would be as a replacement to the value bonus.

The 'historical item' thing sounds like an even better alternative. It would solve this value problem between Iron man and Bronze Collosi statue's and would also mean that you can tell that statue apart from a normal bronze one.

Think about it, these beasts are considered as powerful as kingdoms, so there should certainly be something special for killing them, not just a generic bronze statue.

dojango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 09:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bricktop:
<STRONG>
Think about it, these beasts are considered as powerful as kingdoms, so there should certainly be something special for killing them, not just a generic bronze statue.</STRONG>

And yet brought low by the humblest of [Alder Cages].  Are cage traps going to be "fixed", in that a low-value cage trap won't be able to contain a dragon or colossus?

Thassa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 05:57:00 am »

I love the idea of using say a dragon skin to make dragon scale armour.  Instead of simply being leather, it would be at least as tough as iron, and might even scale to the power of the dragon it came from (ie young dragon with hardly any experience, hide of iron; ancient dragon with many kills to it's name, hide equal to masterwork iron).  Even might add in some fire resistance (not a full dragons resistance, though).  And if you get really lucky a moody armourer will take one look at the dragon hide and go "That's EXACTLY what I need to make Shieldbearer, the Defender of Princes!".     :D

I don't mean, just using dragon parts.  But all of the mega beasts might have similar characteristics in some manner.  Shields made from colossi bronze might be exceptionally good at stopping arrows (just realized that would be problematic to track, unless colossi bronze was defined as a seperate metal entirely).  Just some ideas.

[ April 27, 2008: Message edited by: Thassa ]

Dwarf Fortress players: Coming up with solutions for problems that haven't been implemented yet. 

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »

That raises an interesting question. If you change the material of a dragon to be that of a metal, will the dragon actually make a skin with the qualities of that material?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »

I've modded this (solargent bronze for colossus (>iron) and dragon scales (a bit < than adamantine)) in my modpack.
Check my sig.
Thank you for the idea, if you want, I will add you to the readme (though I haven't started yet to log any "credits" thing).

[ April 27, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 08:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>I've modded this (solargent bronze for colossus (>iron) and dragon scales (a bit < than adamantine)) in my modpack.
Check my sig.
Thank you for the idea, if you want, I will add you to the readme (though I haven't started yet to log any "credits" thing).

[ April 27, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]</STRONG>

Cool!  And as to the readme... sure.  Add me.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 02:58:00 am »

quote:
Lunargent would be moon-forged, wouldn't it?

If my highschool Latin isn't failing me, it's moonsilver.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

rkyeun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 08:02:00 pm »

My request/suggestion?
Use a mechanism to link a bronze colossus corpse statue to a weapon trap.

Armok help any enemy stepping on that square.

Pages: 1 [2]