Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building Constructions - Material List Order  (Read 778 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Building Constructions - Material List Order
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:01:00 am »

After having talked in IRC about this, I decided to post this suggestion (which isn't mine), because I'm not able to find it in the first few pages.

The suggestion is that the most recently used material top the list of materials, regardless of how far away the nearest one is.
This would save a lot of time for us folks who like making constructions out of a single material, but have a massive list of different materials to choose from.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Building Constructions - Material List Order
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:06:00 am »

Yes, that would most certainly be nice...   At least until aboveground construction gets ironed out completely (well...  Completely enough), it would be nice to have the edge taken off the pain of building something nicely.

Gotta hate those perfect granite buildings that strangely morph into microcline at some point.  Or the mango/willow/candlenut huts.

Quintin Stone

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Bureaucrat
    • View Profile
    • RPS
Re: Building Constructions - Material List Order
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »

Yes, the material selection for construction needs some kind of revamp.

Or maybe selection of material should come first, and then the player selects the type, and after placement, returns to the construction type list.  Like 'b'uild -> 'C'onstruction -> limestone blocks -> wall -> placement -> wall -> placement -> floor -> placement ... etc.