Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: raiseing stick rate  (Read 674 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
raiseing stick rate
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:36:51 am »

i was planing to make a new spear with barbs to stop it falling out.
i have tryd seting Stick chance at 10 but it still fails to stick moust of the time.

so does anyone know how i can make it stick more often?

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: raiseing stick rate
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:16:30 am »

I imagine the stick chance is out of 100, so try something higher, like 45-70.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 08:17:35 am »

Why do you want it to stick so mych?? I've never gotten much use out of a stuck weapon, and twisting it around in there gives you NO skill ups. But, assuming you want to follow this path laden with death (The "Fun" kind, not the other kind), try setting the stick chance to 100, assuming we're working on a percentage scale, this will garuntee that it always sticks, if you don't want it to stick every time though, I'd go with 40-60 then for a good chance of sticking.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

doctorspoof

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:26:40 pm »

Why do you want it to stick so mych?? I've never gotten much use out of a stuck weapon, and twisting it around in there gives you NO skill ups. But, assuming you want to follow this path laden with death (The "Fun" kind, not the other kind), try setting the stick chance to 100, assuming we're working on a percentage scale, this will garuntee that it always sticks, if you don't want it to stick every time though, I'd go with 40-60 then for a good chance of sticking.

Twisting stuck-ins give wrestling xp.
Just like strangling helpless zombie groundhogs.
Providing they have a throat to strangle, of course
The best way to avoid tantrum spirals is to make sure no-one lives long enough to make any friends.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:08:34 pm »

There's the chance it may have been hardcoded back out of the raws and things with the tag that makes them stick, stick with a set percentage.

doctorspoof

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:42:45 pm »

Maybe it's like
[STICK:0] = no sticks
[STICK:1] = sticks

But then again, spears are more inclined to stick. Hmm.
To the raws!

*edit*

After checking the raws, it seems that the only tag that relates to [STICK] is for things that have [STICK_CHANCE:0], i.e. the whip.
Maybe it's like I guessed before, with [STICK_CHANCE:1] being assumed/defaulted?
The actually chance of a stick in must be related to something else, maybe weight, or attack tag. Obviously [STAB] will stick alot more than [SLASH].
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:54:08 pm by doctorspoof »
The best way to avoid tantrum spirals is to make sure no-one lives long enough to make any friends.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 04:20:18 pm »

Come to think of it, I once modded in a type of mace that had piercing damage at a value of 140.  It frequently got stuck in or ran people through, so the high damage amount may have been a factor.

I've also heard that lower skill increases stick rate.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember