Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This place is a nightmare!  (Read 1017 times)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This place is a nightmare!
« on: March 14, 2009, 11:34:36 am »

So, I found this spot. There's basically everything!
Magma pipe, brook, flux, magnetite, a vein of platinum, tons of trees, no dangerous animals and sand. It's paradise!
"Great!", I think, start playing and after a few hours, I remember something. I press "c". Only one civilization.
There are no gobbos, no elves, no humans! I will never, ever get sieges! We're no pacifist treehuggers, we're dwarves, damnit! >_<
Ah, well, time to generate a new world...

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This place is a nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 11:39:32 am »

Civs only appear on the 'c' screen when you've made contact.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:42:57 am »

and if you do re-gen, keep the main seed and change the history seed, should gen the same terrain, but different civs.

this
first tho
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:57:45 am »

Wow, they do? That's awesome. That's really awesome. Thank you very much for this information, I'm happy now. ^_^

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 08:27:56 pm »

Note that it IS still possible to be cut off from other civs or annihilated during worldgen. I once modded orcs to be superpowerful, and by the end of worldgen I believe that every race except dwarves, elves, and orcs had been utterly obliterated. Sucks to be a human or a gobbo, I guess.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 06:26:03 am »

Well, I savescummed, hit R in the embark screen and I have every race. Except maybe humans, I forgot. But I definitely have elves, kobolds and goblinite.
If someone wants the place, go to the DFMA and search for "Insightcraft". There's also a link to the save I uploaded to the File Depository. Also, the seeds.