Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My geology test  (Read 1177 times)

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My geology test
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:25:10 pm »

PLaying DF helped me rtemember the minerals that I needed to know for my science test, like where they are found what they can be used for etc.
So THANKS TOADY! ;D

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: My geology test
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 10:30:41 pm »

Extra Credit:  What's the mass of adamantine.

Hortun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 10:49:48 pm »

Rocks didn't used to be so interesting until I started playing dwarf fortress. :)

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 02:04:54 am »

Heheh, I visited one of those novelty rock shops in the southwest, and what used to be worthless colored lumps to me were a treat to examine.  I wound up buying a lump of native copper ore to put on my desk.
I brake for stumble bumblings

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 12:35:05 pm »

This is one of the things I love so much about DF: playing it turns you into a dwarf!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 03:06:12 pm »

This is one of the things I love so much about DF: playing it turns you into a dwarf!

so true, i never really liked dwarves, i used to actually prefer elves, and then i played df, now i cant wait to get myself a beard and a horned helmet

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »

I'm required to take geology and geotechnical engineering next semester anyways, so at least with a DF background I'll have more of a connection to the material.  Taking materials lab has already really made me look forward to that part of the next update.
When I first started playing, I spent a bunch of time wandering around the geology collection tucked away in the bottom of the physics tower.  All the various stuffed animals/skeletons in the biology hall are interesting too, at least from a perspective of "how big is the damn macaque that keeps interrupting my herbalists anyways".
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

spokehedz

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:56 am »

so true, i never really liked dwarves, i used to actually prefer elves, and then i played df, now i cant wait to get myself a beard and a horned helmet

Goddamn elves bring me nothing but cloth--so they get nothing but death by magma.
Quote from: LordBaxter
Once a stair fell, and rather than knock him one or two z levels down, as usually was the case, he went rolling down the central staircase, hit the bottom and exploded.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:36:05 am »

Well, I've grown a beard since I started playing DF. That's more because I moved somewhere cold, though.