Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Third Soldier [brutal third-person action game]  (Read 1763 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Third Soldier [brutal third-person action game]
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:46:44 am »

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=60743

Third Soldier is a third-person action game set in 1189. You are the Third Soldier, a brave and fearless leader, able to fight against hundreds of enemy soldiers and subhuman creatures. Betrayed and left for dead, you are now hunted by assassins who want to finish the job.

The year is 1189.

Forty years after thousands fell on the Middle Eastern battlefields, two armies massed their forces for a third and final time. For months, the front lines burned as soldiers fought to the death. Then the last of the Crusader armies, led by a commander known as the "Third Soldier," reached the enemy stronghold.
On the morning of the final battle, the Third Soldier's knights were betrayed and deserted by his second in command. With no more than a dozen loyal men remaining, the Third Soldier's men fought and perished in battle ... and finally, so did their commander.
The fields fell quiet. Then a small pack of survivors returned home with a rumor that their leader was still alive. As the reports reached the enemy, they remembered how hundreds of their men were cut down by this lone warrior, and they readied their most vicious assassins.

You are the Third Soldier. In the aftermath of a brutal battle, where no one was left alive, you find yourself alone, hunted down and seeking revenge.

Features:

A close-quarter combat experience stretching across battlefields, fighting pits and castle walls.
Create the ultimate fighter by customizing yourself with limitless combinations of magical modifiers and power-ups. Vanquish your opponents using a range of medieval blade and projectile weapons.
Battle thousands of renegade knights, Persian warriors and mutants through two dozen missions that put you in the center of brutal battle.
Top-down strategic camera or in-your-face action: You choose your fighting style.
Earn perks and transform your fighter into the perfect killing machine.
Unlimited replayability in Mission, Arcade and Survival modes. Unlock Massacre mode for extreme gameplay, where the only way to survive is to draw blood.

----

Check out those screenshots. It looks like that we will be able to can chop off limbs & heads, in fact you can cut a human in half even.  :o

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Third Soldier [brutal third-person action game]
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:12:32 am »

Looks like a linear storyline game.

(AKA I won't play)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:27:38 am »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
What he said.

I mean really, what is so special about it?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 10:29:00 am »

Why's the protagonist wearing a coat?

Also, Crimsonland clone? I mean, with the repetetive hordes of enemies, and perks, and near-identical UI. I could've sworn I've seen a medieval Crimsonland clone before as well, so no points for originality either. Only see the behind-view and exclusively shades of dog-shit brown palette as different. No idea about the combat system though, since there's no gameplay videos.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:11:15 am »

Subhuman creatures? Can I say racism and Islamophobia?

I guess not. But if I want repetivie combat, I'll get Dynasty Warriors. It's sorta based off real life.

EDIT: Persians? Persians? I suspect they mean Arabs. Arabs. Not Persians. Since Persia is far far away from Palestine...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 04:37:12 pm »

I gotta admit that this "subhuman" wording is quite erm...interesting.
Anyways, the game might be fun, mindless but hardcore action. Lot of blood and bodyparts!  ;D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 10:11:27 am »

This looks like it's probably by the same people who made Legion of Man.  Graphics are identical, and gameplay looks essentially the same.  If it is, subhuman creatures probably refers to goblins and such, which were in the other game.
Shoes...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:35:51 am »

Yeah, I think that they meant creatures like goblins for example. Anyways, perhaps this game will be as fun as Die by the Sword or Blade of Darkness. Those had decent combat systems. The gameplay in those games is all about mindless and brutal action, but oh boy...it was fun to play with them!  :D

FoboslC

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 05:18:45 pm »

Got this of torrents two weeks ago.
Boring. Go, chop people away, go, rinse and repeat.
Graphics are shitty, models are ugly, game is boring. Just a nice 3D crimsonland clone.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 05:33:50 pm »

Pictures or it never happened.
Also, I can't seem to get torrents to work.

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 03:33:27 pm »

or you could just play Mount&Blade which is a vastly superior game