Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Scavenger SV-4 - Deadly radiation for credits and science  (Read 9105 times)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
Re: Scavenger SV-4 - Deadly radiation for credits and science
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 12:39:28 pm »

I am really blown away by this game, big thanks to Gabeux for pointing it out.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:17 pm »

Is player character health an absolute limit, or can it be adjusted by means other than the medbay?

HoroArch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2018, 07:01:43 pm »

Things other than radiation can hurt you. 

There is no means of reducing radiation other than the medbay - well, besides starting a new run. 

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2018, 02:18:30 am »

Soooo I was in a NASA event here in Brazil this weekend, and I got to talk to some folks from the Kennedy Space Center International Academy.
I was super happy, surprised and proud to discover that a brazilian guy who was born and studied on the neighboring city of my hometown was a lead instructor in educational stuff related to The Asteroid Mission. I felt like that because in Brazil, people will often tell you that you should die and attempt to be born elsewhere next time in order to work with anything space-related.

He was doing this demo/exhibit for kids in which they could control a really small rover navigating in an asteroid surface. The kid would sit on a desk with no sight to the 'map', and send commands such as "Go Forward for 3 seconds", "Go left 2750 seconds", and they had to control & navigate it to reach certain spots in the map/asteroid - those spots were the samples the rover was supposed to acquire and bring back.

All the kids had to guide themselves was the small rover camera. It immediately reminded me of Scavenger SV-4, so I ran up to the folks organizing the event and asked for some paper and a pen and they probably thought I was being offered a job at NASA or something. But I wrote the name of your game and handed it to him and explained the general idea. He said it sounded amazing..so I asked him to show it to more people in his office too - they would probably like it.

Here's hoping that he checks it out eventually,  :P The event was a life-changing experience all-around.

PS: The only thing I could find quickly about the program/project is in this PT-BR page. The video at the end gives an idea [with no writing/speech], and the dude's on it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:25:25 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

HoroArch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2018, 08:53:36 pm »

Wow.  That is really cool, Gabeux. 

Thank you for telling the story - I'd never otherwise imagine that things like that were happening.  Blows my mind.

That's a great event and project, too - that's just awesome.  Right on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]