Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sheep, Chickens, Eggs, wool, and milk.  (Read 3592 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheep, Chickens, Eggs, wool, and milk.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 05:20:56 pm »

And this doesn't even touch on what the morals of said race are with regards to an unfertilized egg.

I mean, seriously, what would they do with it?

Erm, hate to be gross, but there is a human equivilant to this process...

Yes, yes there is, but it doesn't involve an object large enough to make an omelet for small family.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 06:01:46 pm »

Personally, I imagine that traditions would be similar to current Jewish ones, with a monthly (or whatever) ceremony, but that's more sci fi and less video game...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 06:52:46 pm »

Personally, I imagine that traditions would be similar to current Jewish ones, with a monthly (or whatever) ceremony, but that's more sci fi and less video game...
Why Jewish, just out of curiosity?  There are any number of religions dwarves could pull ceremonies from.

:o  Randomly generated ceremonies based on religion spheres! 
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 08:15:45 pm »

Has anyone else noticed the disturbing parallel between what you're proposing and the Harvest Moon series? You need to make it dwarven, turn the sheep into war animals, the eggs into ammo for catapults, cow's milk drowning chambers, and chicken arenas! Give it some departure from what's already been done.

The spinning chicken egg hits the elf in the rib!
It is broken!
The spinning chicken egg hits the elf in the lung!
It is punctured!
The elf is having trouble breathing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:17:50 pm by Random832 »

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 09:22:22 am »

Why Jewish, just out of curiosity?  There are any number of religions dwarves could pull ceremonies from.

:o  Randomly generated ceremonies based on religion spheres! 

Because Judaism is the only religion whose religious practices concerning menstration I'm familiar with...

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 10:29:09 pm »

With the introduction of chickens there would also be Chicken Boxes!!!! just like a bedroom except for chickens(and is only 1 tile) And the ability to choose wether you want to cook the eggs or not (which is probably a given).
Pages: 1 2 [3]