Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Strange artifacts!  (Read 4918 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange artifacts!
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »

My all-time favorite artifact was probably the cage my gemcutter made out of pure Amethyst. I was hoping to trap a Dragon or Titan in it, as befits an artifact cage.... but the trap caught something like a zombie groundhog instead.

Next in line would probably be the Obsidian Bed, menacing with spikes of Saguaro cactus. It had to be the most uncomfortable thing ever, but the mayor loved it.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2009, 08:07:14 pm »

I am sad to admit that I no longer have the files to screenshot this, but one of my more recent forts produced what may be the strangest artifacts I have ever seen.

My first two possessions were dismal failures (let nobody say I am good at the game), but the third was a weaver who was able to claim a clothier's shop and start working. After a while, he produced... a legendary pair of pants, with a picture of him holding them on them.

This would normally not be particularly interesting beyond the sheer silliness of recursive artifact pants, but my fortress quickly developed an obsession with the damn things. When my engraver was not engraving goblins dying horribly at the hands of bugged dogs, what was he engraving? Himself slaying the Magma Man and granting my fort access to the magma tube? No. He was engraving the pants.

After a good sixty engravings of the pants, I got another mood. This one resulted in a wooden statue. With a picture of the pants on it.

The statue, naturally, later proved to be of great use in decorating the count's bedroom, but there was still a prolific number of engravings of the pants. Eventually I got a few more fey moods and some actually valuable artifacts started popping up, sans engravings of pants.

Then, eventually, I got a fey mood on an armorer. I made ready his magma forge and all possible resources, eager to enjoy my new legendary armorer and whatever artifact armor he chose to make. What DID he choose to make?

Artifact iron pants.

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2009, 08:14:35 pm »

I once got a dwarven bone leather cap during the 2d days. Menacing with dwarven bone spikes of course.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]