Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Hunter, 3D hunting at its finest  (Read 1666 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Hunter, 3D hunting at its finest
« on: June 19, 2009, 07:15:21 pm »

http://www.thehunter.com/pub/

havent tried it yet but one look at the screen shots and video and im downloading it...

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunter, 3D hunting at its finest
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:52:34 pm »

You spend hours just finding a critter to kill.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:02:07 pm »

hey, its hunting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:20:47 pm »

If I want to test my wits against animals, I'll do it in real life.  If I'm going to kill things in a video game, they're going to be people or aliens.

The other thing that should never be a game is paintball.  You're pretending to pretend to shoot people.  It's fake twice.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 08:26:25 pm »

If I want to test my wits against animals, I'll do it in real life.  If I'm going to kill things in a video game, they're going to be people or aliens.

The other thing that should never be a game is paintball.  You're pretending to pretend to shoot people.  It's fake twice.
Laser tag.
 The fact that there are lasers(... Well, some form of beam. I'm sure infrared beams) makes up for the fakery.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:29:35 pm »

I disagree that paintball shouldn't be a video game.  Paintball is a fun sport.  Heck, there was a Nerf game that was based on some Unreal engine or other a while back that was pretty awesome.

What I REALLY like about those games, over bullet-based games, is that you don't fire in a straight line and the projectiles aren't hitscan.  Really, fighting with paintballs or nerf is more like fighting with grenades/rockets than anything else.

Then again, in real-life paintball I always did have more fun at the end of the day when everyone's CO2 cartridge was running low...  It's so much more satisfying when you nail someone right in the facemask with a high-arc ballistic shot.

As for hunting games, hey, if they get the landscape looking pretty, and they make stealth and real perception important, why not?  It rains too much in the pacific northwest to have any fun camera-hunting, and catching wild bunnies just plain isn't the same.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 08:33:54 pm »

Actually, if they made one able to sit on a glassing point and look at small terrain details from miles away searching for a bear this would be grand. 90% of hunting is looking around for something to shoot, apparently.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:00:56 pm »

you got binoculars, graphics are good, they have camo towers to stand on, you have animal calls....

now all you need is a bear :)     unforutnatly i dont know if they have them in this game.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:10:38 pm »

Now all they are missing is hardware to simulate starving in Alaska with winter knocking your teeth out.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:27:53 pm »

...you might want to check out unreal world