Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Training Order  (Read 642 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Training Order
« on: March 06, 2009, 02:25:39 pm »

I've modded all my creature_* raws to make just about everything that isn't domestic (cept dogs) or vermin to be trainable.  It works, however, I would like to know if there is any way to pick which ones get trained when.  I know I can't pick at the kennels, but I was curious as to weather putting animals I want trained (or not trained) into cages would help, or if I locked the trainer in a room with only one animal, if he would train that animal instead of canceling the job, claiming he can't reach the animal.

I basicly don't want to just have a random animal trained because there are some animals I would rather sell (as pets, but not as war animals), and I don't want to have to go into the raws each time I train an animal to prevent those I want to remain un-trained for the time being from being picked.

Having just written that another question comes to mind, is there any way to control which animals get picked to be tamed first?

Thank you for your time.

[EDIT]: Wasn't sure if this was the right place for this or not, its a gameplay question about mods... if it isn't can a mod please move it for me?  Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:30:27 pm by timmeh »
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Re: Training Order
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 03:02:13 pm »

Animals in cages won't be trained, so just lock up the ones you want to sell.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Training Order
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:32:21 pm »

Thanks!
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.