Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF moments that you go "D'awwwwww"  (Read 936 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
DF moments that you go "D'awwwwww"
« on: March 05, 2009, 05:43:00 pm »

Alright, so I'm working on Healedabby the human castle of awesomeness. Of course, despite me practically ignoring the civil aspects of the town in order to get the castle aspects completed I have to make infrastructure for the workers. And an army, because goblins can really stop the haulers from getting stone from the mines.

During one goblin ambush, my entire bowman unit was annihilated. I had to have a warrior-king leader take them out. Upon checking the deceased, I found one of the bowmen was a mother, and that she was carrying her baby boy when she rushed the goblins. He didn't make it. Thus the surviving sister and father were filled with grief. Remember, I don't have a legendary dining hall nor anything of particular value around. They were miserable.

After a month of other unrelated work, I wondered if they would tantrum. The father was actually content, and had the thought "Cried on somebody in charge lately and felt a lot better afterwards." Odd. Then I noticed one of the kids in my unit list was conducting a meeting. Zooming in, I saw they were in the grand throne room. The King(Self-appointed, not the real king) and the kid whose mother and brother died were holding a meeting and when they were done, the same thought appeared in the kid.

Awwwwww. Best. King. Ever.

So, what stories do you have?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
Re: DF moments that you go "D'awwwwww"
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 05:59:34 pm »

The King(Self-appointed, not the real king)
Who's the real king, then?

Also, all I got was when my miner cancelled mining out my dining hall, dropped his pick, and killed an entire goblin ambush to save my huntsdwarf who was running away/being slaughtered.

Needless to say, I then pulled THE FINAL SOLUTION and laughed as everyone died.(They wouldn't have been able to kill the twelve goblin spearmen anyway).
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF moments that you go "D'awwwwww"
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:13:57 am »

Not nearly as dramatic, but I caught one of my Metalsmith's taking his break in his room to tuck one of his children in (ie, just as the child came in to go to sleep).  I'm sure its coincidence, but it amused me.