Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Standing Amries vs. Draft Armies  (Read 1641 times)

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Standing Amries vs. Draft Armies
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 04:11:34 am »

I've found that, on the field, mixed squads perform very well. Sure, marksdorfs behind fortifications are mighty foes, but time to time its better, or even critical, to meet the goblin force on the field. After all, we have all had bands of woodworkers go astray and end up in need of rescue. A squad of 1 hammerdorf, 2 sworddorfs and 3 marksdorfs make a very good special ops team. The melee dorfs will act alike to the fortifications and the marksdorfs simply bag the skills.

I personally try to avoid training champions by giving military dorfs who've reached elite status a permanent station. IMO high skill levels are grossly unbalanced. They shouldn't make dorfs demi-gods and they should be a lot harder to attain. It just ruins the challenge.

Hey, If I build a wall on the ground level and fortifications atop of that, then station my marksdorfs behind those fortifications, will an enemy ranged unit be able to freely fire through those fortifications if he stands next to the wall, firing diagonally upwards? I think I'll start building moats next to my walls. Moats with magma or pointy things.

stoned funeral

Re: Standing Amries vs. Draft Armies
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 04:57:36 am »

It doesn't really matter because speardwarves are obviously the coolest. ANOTHER dwarf with an oversized battleaxe? Nothx.
Pages: 1 [2]