Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gobbos and CAN_SPEAK  (Read 736 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gobbos and CAN_SPEAK
« on: March 02, 2009, 02:27:04 pm »

I read that someone found that gobbos without this tag had some sort of surprisingly different actions compared to vanilla gobbos. What is it, out of curiosity?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Gobbos and CAN_SPEAK
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:10:03 pm »

normally they would have the [INTELLIGENT] tag which is a combonation of the [CAN_CIV], [CAN_LEARN], and [CAN_SPEAK] tags. if you replace the [INTELLIGENT] tag with just [CAN_CIV] and [CAN_LEARN] the creature cant use diplomacy so they will always be hostile to everything but themselves.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 12:21:40 am »

Rysith's modded Orcs use the [CAN_CIV]/[CAN_LEARN] combo and are ultra-agressive. However, they auto-siege 24/7 because of the lack of the [BABYSNATCHER] tag, which when present causes enemy races to preface sieges with a prolonged courtship of ambushes and babysnatching.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:49:58 am »

they also have the one tag set at 1 instead of 2 which would make them wait till about 80 dwarfs to siege.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:13:57 pm »

The only downside to this is that names will be broken. The game treats goblins as if they have names, which means that engravings, decorations, or artifacts that mention a particular goblin being struck down will be oddly worded.

Because they cannot speak, fodder goblins don't have names. Local leaders will still have names for some reason, but due to the ratio of fodder to leaders, generally its a fodder goblin that is memorialized by a dwarf.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 03:07:27 am »

The only downside to this is that names will be broken. The game treats goblins as if they have names, which means that engravings, decorations, or artifacts that mention a particular goblin being struck down will be oddly worded.

Because they cannot speak, fodder goblins don't have names. Local leaders will still have names for some reason, but due to the ratio of fodder to leaders, generally its a fodder goblin that is memorialized by a dwarf.

Thanks for this, I was wondering what the problem with orcs (or creatures in general) not having names was ^_^

I suppose this affects legends as well.